Karsten Moholt has extensive knowledge about Ex equipment and can help you inspect and register Ex equipment.
Karsten Moholt is the only repair and overhaul workshop in Scandinavia that is IECEx certified to repair and overhaul Ex equipment according to international standards:
- IEC 60079- 19 (repairs and overhauls of Ex-labelled equipment)
- IEC 60079-17 (Ex inspection)
- IEC 60079-14 (Ex installation)
Explosion-proof equipment (Ex equipment) is equipment that cannot act as a source of ignition if faults occur on site. For that reason, there are minimum requirements for repair and maintenance of so-called ‘Ex equipment’ to ensure intact barriers after repairs and maintenance!
Our workshop is IECEx, UL and PRESAFE (NEMKO) approved, and our personnel are certified to repair, install and maintain in accordance with IECEx & COMPEx.
Karsten Moholt has extensive Ex expertise and can help customers inspect and register Ex equipment on board.
All inspections and registrations are carried out according to procedures approved by DNV.
Ex-registers can be made for:
- New rigs built in Norway or abroad – to create the complete Ex register which is required when starting up new rigs.Older rigs – to keep the Ex register up to date and ensure that all changes made to the rig during the year are registered according to regulations.
- Karsten Moholt’s personnel will check existing Ex equipment to see if it has been maintained in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
A new Ex register will be prepared in a DNV-approved format.
We will help contact equipment suppliers, if necessary, to obtain missing documentation.